A new generation of adventure is coming soon
After 25 years of continuous innovation, a new generation of adventure begins with the launch of the most technologically advanced, and luxurious Subaru Outback ever.
Built upon the renowned Subaru Global Platform for increased rigidity and improved road handling, this stunning SUV is equally at home on corners as it is on gravel. And on the inside, you can experience luxury like never before while relishing clever innovations including smart air-conditioning with humidity sensors and fuel saving technology, and the incredible Driver Monitoring System (DMS)*.
Interior space has also been increased for cargo and passengers, while the adoption of thicker glass and improved Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) levels makes for a more serene driving experience*. Plus, we’ve also increased service intervals to 12 months/12,500km (whichever occurs first) for reduced ownership costs.
However, it doesn’t end there. With 3 different variants, there’s an Outback to suit every household. Firstly, while some may look the part, the all-new Subaru Outback AWD is the real deal - a true mud in its blood all-wheel drive SUV that can handle any task with ease.
The Subaru Outback AWD Sport takes things to the next level - made for those born to explore who desire a next generation SUV that reflects their active lifestyle. With water repellent* sports seat trim, tough ladder-style roof rails and a hands-free powered opening tailgate, the Outback AWD Sport is ready and waiting for your next adventure.
Finally, the all-new Subaru Outback AWD Touring is Subaru’s most technologically advanced and luxurious Outback ever made. With Nappa leather accented seat trim, electric sunroof and 9 Harman Kardon®* speakers, amplifier and subwoofer, this Outback is the flagship of the Subaru range.
So whether it’s the all-new Outback AWD, the Outback AWD Sport, or Subaru’s flagship, luxurious Outback AWD Touring - adventure is calling, and the choice is yours.
- 90% new 2.5L horizontally-opposed direct injection Boxer 4-cylinder, petrol engine
- Lineartronic® CVT with manual mode
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
- X-Mode (2 mode)
- 11.6” tablet-like infotainment screen
- Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-Drive)
- Next generation EyeSight® Driver Assist technology featuring new stereo cameras for improved range, advanced Lane Centring Function featuring lead car follow functionality, Autonomous Emergency Steering, Lane Departure Warning featuring haptic feedback (vibrating) steering wheel and Speed Sign Recognition with Intelligent Speed Limiter functionality
- Driver Monitoring System*Driver Monitoring System performance and capability dependent on environmental and technical conditions. Refer to Owner’s Manual for full details.
- Subaru’s Vision Assist
- SRS passenger seat cushion airbag*SRS: Supplemental Restraint System. Effective when used in conjunction with seatbelts.
- 2000kg braked towing capacity*Towing capacity is subject to regulatory requirements, tow bar and vehicle design and towing equipment limitations. Requires fitment of optional tow bar accessory. Ask your Retailer for details of Genuine Subaru tow bar capacity and availability details. Always refer to your Owner’s Manual for towing instructions.
- Self-levelling LED headlights with auto off (dusk-sensing)
- Integrated front LED turn signals and Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Includes Outback AWD features, plus:
- Water repellent sports seat trim*Water repellent trim repels water so that the material is not easily penetrated by small amounts of water. Trim is not 100% waterproof. Intermittent cleaning may be required to maintain water repellent characteristics.
- Satellite navigation
- Exclusive to this variant, unique black exterior highlights for a more rugged look, including door mirror caps, front grille, front fog light surround, front and rear bumper guard, shark fin antenna and rear badging
- 18” alloy wheels with dark metallic finish
- Tough ladder-type roof rails
- Additional Vision Assist features including a Front View Monitor and Side View Monitor to aid visibility in tricky situations
- Heated seats for both front passengers and rear outboard passengers
- Hands-free powered tailgate
- Sports pedals
- Features build upon the Outback AWD and Outback AWD Sport, including:
- Nappa leather accented seat trim
- Electric sunroof
- 9 Harman Kardon® speakers, subwoofer and amplifier*Harman Kardon® is a registered trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated.
- Driver Monitoring System including - auto door mirror adjustment and auto driver’s seat adjustment*Driver Monitoring System performance and capability dependent on environmental and technical conditions. Refer to Owner’s Manual for full details.
- Single CD player
- Heated steering wheel
- Dual memory driver’s seat
- Door mirrors with auto-dipping (passenger side), auto power-folding and position memory functionality
- Door mirror caps – satin finish
- 18” gloss finish alloy wheels
- Roof rails with integrated cross bars – silver
Final on road costs may vary according to individual circumstances and actual driveaway price may vary between Retailers. Ask your local Retailer for confirmation of their driveaway price.
Next level sophistication
Feast your eyes on a spectacular 11.6” infotainment system including Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™* and lightning fast tablet-like responsivity. Plus enjoy the comfort of Nappa leather accented seat trim on selected variants1, dual zone air-conditioning and power front seating for luxury like no other.*
A new level of safety innovations helps protect you and your loved ones on any adventure. Featuring New Generation EyeSight® Driver Assist technology with twice the field of vision; a Driver Monitoring System to help monitor driver fatigue3; Vision Assist that takes visibility one step further; Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB); and many more updated innovations to aid the goal of Towards Zero accident deaths in a Subaru by 20304.*
Feel the power of a newly refined 2.5L Subaru Boxer engine featuring unrivalled flexibility and an impressive 2000kg braked towing capacity2 thanks to an upgraded driveline and the newly adopted Subaru Global Platform (SGP).*
The fun starts now with the introduction of the Subaru Global Platform (SGP) underpinning the all-new Outback. And when combined with Subaru’s world renowned Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and our most advanced X-Mode yet, you’ll look forward to every single time you get behind the wheel.
Be prepared for anything with unmatched versatility. Featuring an entirely hands-free powered tailgate on selected variants, new integrated storage solutions for passengers, clever interior comforts, split folding seats, integrated roof rails, as well as a larger cargo area which makes stowing those important items as convenient as possible.
Get set for adventure in the most ruggedly stylish Outback yet. Next generation features include reimagined front-end styling, dynamically integrated turn signals and revised styling. With tough exterior wheel arches and 18" alloys, it’s loaded with attitude.
With the newly revised and extended service intervals of 12 months, the all-new Subaru Outback is making it even easier and even more affordable for every Australian to own their new Subaru.